The role will involve producing viral content, related to breaking news, search and social trends. It will also involve experimenting with different content types and themes in order to create high-visibility viral content that has everyone talking.
The best candidates will have a sense of how to find new angles on developing stories, love memes and viral videos, and posses a passion for social media.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for:
- Overseeing strategy, monitoring, and communicating with followers on social media platforms with significant audience reach
- Using analytics data to inform, expand, and evolve our social media reach and deepen engagement with our audience.
- Understanding and developing the voice of the brand
- Working closely with senior HuffPost executives on social media strategy
Ideal candidates should have the following skills and qualifications:
- Proficient in Web writing, SEO, and aggregation
- 2+ years experience in online journalism
- Previous experience overseeing social media accounts with significant audience reach
- Demonstrated creativity and documented immersion in Social Media, including new and emerging platforms
- Substantial interest in and knowledge of current events, media, news, and politics
- Solid knowledge of social marketing, promotions, engagement, news and current events, and corporate communication strategy
- Ability to write clear and concise copy with attention to detail and with target audience focus.
- Good technical understanding with the ability to learn and implement new social media tools quickly and effectively.
- Must be an organized multi-tasker who can self-manage his or her time while juggling multiple projects on strict deadlines
- Experience writing, researching or editing professionally.
- Excellent communication skills
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref. Code: HP/SME - Sumbissions closed