The video editor will lead the site in making video a core part of its offering and finding new ways to tell stories and cover news through this medium for a digital audience.
The ideal candidate will be a journalist with a love of video and the drive to succeed in a fast-paced newsroom environment. S/he should have a demonstrated ability to create concepts, shoot and edit into a final package with little guidance, as well as the ability to organize operations to maximize video engagement on the site.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for:
• Managing distribution and promotion of video content, both original and third party.
• Identifying viral video opportunities through trending content and social media, and quickly producing and packaging videos to capitalize.
• Monitoring breaking news and providing newsroom with coverage through video.
• Pitch, produce and execute on shareable video content for a social media audience.
• Create original news video projects across a variety of subjects on tight deadlines.
• Leverage analytics to implement new video strategies to deliver on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
Ideal candidates should have the following skills and qualifications:
• Fully proficient in Final Cut 7, Photoshop, Soundtrack Pro (knowledge of Final Cut 10, Premier Pro, After Effects and other editing and post programs a plus).
• Extensive experience with DSLR Cameras (Canon or Nikon, Canon preferred), zoom recording system or similar sound devices and both shotgun and wireless mics.
• Ability to work with other types of cameras, lighting skills a plus.
• Strong shooting, coloring and composition skills.
• Insatiable appetite for news and all things internet.
• Strong creative ability with sound news judgement.
• HTML and SEO experience highly preferred.
• Deep knowledge of and engagement with social media platforms.
• Meticulous attention to detail and the ability to multi-task.
• Strong teamwork skills and ability to work well with others.
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, Ref. Code: HP/VDE