24 Media is Greece's largest digital publishing group, managing over 20 premium content brands across different platforms, such as web, mobile and Smart TV, with a total audience of close to 9 million unique browsers per month. For more information please check out www.24media.gr.
We have a vacancy for an experienced and motivated Java / Web Developer to lead our development team in an enjoyable, challenging and creative working environment. The team is responsible for the whole lifecycle of our content provision to all platforms. In close collaboration with project managers, designers and the team you will analyze, specify, design, code, test, debug, document and maintain internet-based applications and make recommendations on emerging technologies.
Required Skills and Experience:
- University Degree in Computer Science or other relevant field
- At least 5 years (post-degree) of working experience in the field
In particular we are looking for the following:
- Java: Proven record in development and operation of Java technologies and frameworks including Java JEE, Spring Framework, JPA, JSP / JSTL,
- Web: Excellent knowledge of MVC architecture, RESTful web services
- Build Automation Tools Maven
- Experience with Linux environment for production and development
- Version Control Systems Git, Gerrit.
- Administration skills (Ubuntu Server, Apache, Tomcat, MySQL, Varnish)
- Knowledge of other Web frameworks and technologies will be considered positively
- Excellent spoken and written command of English
Personal Characteristics sought after:
- Team spirit and ability to lead a team
- Self-motivated and methodical, with attention to detail
- Strength under pressure and strictness with deadlines
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref.: SJD-1215. Submissions closed.