HuffPost Greece seeks a news-savvy social media editor to help spearhead how we report the news on social platforms. This editor will be tasked with bringing HuffPost’s voice to these platforms in a way that is entertaining and informative, while also using data to inform distribution decisions.
· Manage HuffPost's social media accounts
· Monitor breaking news, using strong news judgement to ensure the most accurate information goes out on our social platforms in a timely fashion
· Ability to tap into trending or soon-to-be trending topics across different sections including entertainment, culture and world news and politics.
· Give HuffPost’s social accounts a voice that's both informative and fun
· Stay abreast of ever-changing analytics to gain a better understanding of what type of content works well on social media
· Experiment with emerging platforms, as both a way to expand our audience and to grow traffic
· Help develop a strategy to incorporate video and multimedia elements into our overall social strategy
· Staying on the pulse of what trends are happening in the news cycle and identifying trends and translating them into concise original stories
· Monitoring performance both onsite and offsite against determined metrics
· 2-4 years of experience running social media accounts in an editorial setting
· A nose for news, with experience or interest in political, world, business and/or entertainment news
· Demonstrated creativity and knowledge of engagement strategies on social platforms
· Ability to multitask in a high pressure environment
· Professional writing experience
· Stays on top of industry trends
· You run toward numbers
· Strong team player
· Work with a mobile-first mindset
Please submit you CV to email@example.com quoting Ref. Code: HP/SME 0517, until June 15, 2017.