HuffPost Greece is looking for an accurate, fast news editor to handle line and copy edits site-wide, reviewing text, videos, graphics and social media content. This is a unique opportunity to work with a variety of reporters and subject areas.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable editing breaking news, enterprise stories and in-depth features. This position will require editing a broad range of text and visual materials, so editors should have a wide knowledge base and be a quick study. Experience editing politics news is a plus.
As HuffPost’s final line of defence, these editors will have impeccable news judgment, high editorial standards, a strong sense of story structure and a firm grasp of grammar and AP style. We’re looking for people who are truly passionate about syntax, storytelling and improving copy at all levels.
· 3-5 years of editing experience
· A voracious media diet and extensive knowledge of national and international news
· The ability to work independently and at a fast pace
· A knack for writing shareable headlines and for packaging stories in a visually appealing way
· Strong familiarity with SEO and AP style
· Superior communication skills
Please submit you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Ref. Code: HP/NE 0517, until June 15, 2017.